Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ouch

I was running across the Brooklyn Bridge just before noon today, tourists everywhere, weaving in and out of people, when I bit it. The pedestrian crossing of the Bridge is made up of hundreds of one or two inch boards, so most of the crossing is literally a boardwalk. And some times there is a bulge or warp in a board, and as I just happened to hit one at exactly the wrong angle, down I went in right in front of a group of European women. I literally saw the word "humiliation" in big neon lights as I went down. I popped right back up and went on my way with a smile and a wave. I've a nice purple bruise on my palm and a scratch and bruise near my elbow and kneee, but the biggest injury was definitely to my pride. Ah well, we all need a hit to the ego from time to time. At least it wasn't on the pavement.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Ouch is right!

But just think about all those little pieces of New York that you're literally carrying with you ... oh wait. Never mind that's a terrible idea.

Shame about the European babes, though.