Friday, August 17, 2007

When I see an elephant fly...

I recently found great chocolate in DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Brooklyn Overpass) at Jacques Torres Chocolates. It’s a beautiful shop in this neighborhood renowned for its spacious lofts among warehouse and industry, with an often stunning view of the lower Manhattan skyline. Check out the chocolate covered Cheerios and huge ice cream sandwiches. The stars, of course, are the little truffles in surprising and tasty flavors like: key lime, pistachio marzipan, and peanut butter mocha. My mouth is watering again. If I walk there from home (about 1 mile round trip) I can have 5 chocolates a day, right? Right?

The other thing DUMBO is renowned for is two giant buildings that say Watchtower. So you might get asked if you'd like to join the Jehovah's Witnesses if you hang out for too long. Of course, you can always say: "These chocolates are heavenly enough for me, thanks."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL !!!!

Stay Awake, Watch the Tower and watch your weight ;^D

EVERYDAY DIFFERENT said...

Mmmmm, those chocolates were so good! But don't send me anymore because I'll have to watch my waistline then, too!

Also, tell us more about New York. You run around it everyday. I want to know what you see, smell, hear. Who walks on the Brooklyn Bridge? What are the bikers like? What are shops you pass on a daily basis or deli or whatever? What about the subway experience, you ride it for so long everyday? Tell us more.