Thursday, July 26, 2007

9 to 5

Searching for a job that not only pays the bills but also the mind and the soul, is beginning to wear me down. I’ve had interviews for development/fundraising positions with Teach for America and New Yorkers for Parks. On Monday, I interviewed at UNICEF (for a temporary position) as an admin. I've signed up with a staffing agency that specifically serves nonprofits. And after two months of being here, bupkis.

Now wait a minute, you might be thinking, isn't he forgetting why he came to New York? Shouldn't he be worried about feeding his soul with preparing for auditions, reading plays, and going to see the world-class theatre on offer? Yes, yes and yes. But after five years of putting heart and soul into my previous job, I'm finding it's not so easy to get a mindless job and try to focus elsewhere.

1 comment:

Ahmad Abu Samah said...

Hi…

You have a very interesting blog..

My name is Ahmad… Do visit me at gitnasia.blogspot.com. I have a wonderful thing to share with you that will definitely benefit you and family and those that you care.

Let me give you a sneak preview.

GIT in ASIA is an exciting and unique business opportunity that has been designed to dramatically change - FOREVER - the destiny and financial future of our MEMBERS.

We have been able to accomplish this by introducing to the world revolutionary and exclusive products combined with the very best income opportunity available.

Let us lead you into a new era of your life.

Join GIT in ASIA today! VISIT YES.GITNASIA.COM NOW

NOW… WITH "PRACTICALLY FREE" GREAT HOLIDAYS & PASSIVE INCOME... YOU WILL DEFINITELY NEED GREAT HEALTH.

And so we have CELLFOOD.

CELLFOOD is the world's leading high-performance oxygen and hydrogen based consumer health product. For over 40 years, CELLFOOD has safely provided nutritional benefits, without toxicity.

Visit GITNASIA.BLOGSPOT.COM for more information.

Ahmad Abu Samah
Mobile: +65 82221976
Email: no.1era@yahoo.com